Friday, January 23, 2009

National Signing Day Brings Best HS Players to RUTS Teams

National Signing Day has come and gone, and it's safe to say that the RUTS Dynasty cleaned up on the best and brightest high school talent in the nation. RUTS teams dominated the recruiting rankings, which should provide for some great matchups on the field in the seasons to come.

Here are how each of the RUTS teams finished in the Rivals recruiting rankings:
1. LSU
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. Clemson
5. Florida State
7. Miami
26. Nebraska

The RUTS Dynasty PR staff tracked down some of the very best recruits from each team, all of whom were excited to arrive on campus and start 2-A-Days for the upcoming season, so we could learn just a little bit more about them.

LSU ~ RB, Ernie Underwood

"I'm so excited to get down to the bayou and clean up on some of that gumbo," said Underwood, the Tigers' projected starter at tailback. "The great LSU fans will like what they see outta me, believe that!"
Favorite Number: 6
Favorite Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Sports Hero: Eric Berry

Texas ~ DE, Casey McNeal

"The Longhorns were always my #1 team," said McNeal, who will be joining fellow #1 ranked DT Jamal Weis on the Longhorns D-Line this season. "We're young up front, but our coaches and the veteran leaders will show us the ropes, although I don't appreciate them telling us that Jimmy Superfly Snuka didn't invent the "Hook em Horns" sign."
Favorite Song: Mariah Carey "Hero"
Favorite Food: Beef Jerky & Chitos Sandwich
Pre-Game Ritual: Naked Lunges and Jumping Jacks

Florida ~ RG, Sheldon Williams

"It's an honor to be joining the best program in the country," said Williams. We've got so much speed it makes me sick, so I know it makes our opponents sick."
Favorite fashion statement: Jorts and Flip Flops
Favorite Gator Highlight: Tim Tebow jump-pass
Reason He Chose Florida: Rivalry games with Miami, LSU, Florida State


Clemson ~ RB, Gabe Coles

"The first thing I wanted to do when I got to campus was got pet Howard's Rock," said Coles. "Then we all got pre-fitted for our season 3 national championship rings before finishing our day by getting a lesson from the sports information staff on not providing bulletin board material for our opponents."
Most Prized Possesion: My Mind
Dream Girl: Mix between Carrie Underwood and Katy Perry, I'm a little bit country and little bit rock 'n roll
All-Time Favorite TD Dance: The Icky Shuffle


Florida State ~ WR, Blake Beck

"Even though I was the #1 rated player in the nation this year, I have to prove myself to myself every practice and game," said Beck. "Although, I don't particularly like practice and think I'm really too good to improve, I will make it impossible for C-P (Christian Ponder) to not throw me the ball."
Number of gold Teeth: 3 1/8
Favorite Love Song: Bump & Grind by R. Kelly
What Attracted You to Tallahassee: The Ladies, The Tomahawk Chop and The Hat


Miami ~ QB, Knox Knunley (the artist formerly known as Mike Hester)

"The U is back baby!" said a fabulous Knunley at his press conference at his high school, The Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too Academy. "I mean, with those stylish school colors, this rocket arm, and my knack for the South Beach lifestyle, it's money, honey!"
Favorite Number: 911, cause it's an emergency when I touch the ball
Favorite StuBucksman recruiting memory: Playing Rock Band 2 with him and my grandma. He can sing a mean "Living On A Prayer."
What he's looking forward to most: Sitting the bench this year while Marve and Cooper lead us to the ACC title


Nebraska~ RB, John Doe

"It's business time in Lincoln baby," said Doe, the highlight of Coach ccut's first recruiting class at Nebraska. "The Big Red is back like never before and we will take on anyone, any place, at any time...except for Clemson, the 1992 Dallas Cowboys, or the prisoners team in "The Longest Yard."
Favorite Food: Corn
Favorite Snack: Corn Dogs
Favorite Candy: Candy Corn

0 comments: