Monday, October 13, 2008

***Breaking News: Clemson Fires Bowden, Hires utvol27***



In a shocking turn of events, the 4th ranked Clemson Tigers fired Head Coach Tommy Bowden today and have hired their current offensive/defensive/special teams/timout/pause button caller, utvol27. Rumors had been circulating since week 6 about the fate of Coach Bowden, especilly after the now infamous booger-picking incident caught on camera. The writing and/or boogers were on the wall.

utvol27 has led the Tigers to the #4 spot in this season's first BCS Poll, released this week, and it was just a matter of time before Bowden was asked to get the heck outta dodge. utvol27, who is the first college head football coach to go by his Playstation 3 user name, said in a statement today that, "This is all good blog material. We will not sacrifice winning for a nose picker."

"It's what he deserved," QB Cullen Harper said. "utvol27 is a fine man and will do an excellent job."

Later Monday, Harper expanded on his comments, explaining that Bowden "tried to motivate us but guys were off the bandwagon. There were things I disagreed with and that my teammates disagreed with. I didn't appreciate it when he would [flick boogers at me] or say some off-the-wall things about me to the media. I guess one thing I can say is he gave me an opportunity to come to Clemson and play."

"I'd call it karma," he said. "I thought it needed to be done. I think anytime a head coach or someone in a leadership position starts to place blame on his coaches and players, it weakens their respect on the team. His past experiences have shown he's done that."

(Side Note --- The above quote is the real deal. Harsh words from the Clemson QB...only the coach's name and the booger picking info were changed/added.)

Thankfully, Clemson has an open week in week 9 before resuming its season at Boston College in week 10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is classic.

Anonymous said...

Man I look good.....really good.