Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Coach Gump = The New Lane Kiffin????

FLORIDA SLAMMED WITH SECONDARY VIOLATION


Gainesville, FL


New Florida head football coach, Coach Gump, has been slammed with his first violation as a member of the RUTS3 league. In an interview posted yesterday on this website, Coach Gump mentions star defensive end recruit Thomas Smith by name to the media, something that is prohibited for coaches to do during the recruiting process. The NCAA stepped in immediately and hit Coach Gump with a secondary violation.


When asked if it was just a simple slip-up or if it was done intentionally, Coach Gump replied, "We are going to do whatever it takes to get Florida back to being a national powerhouse....damn the rules! I wasn't hired to follow the rules, I was hired to win! And to win, we need the best players! I'm going to get the best, and I don't care how it's done!"


He added, "I've known Tommy for a long time, so I really don't see the problem with it. And once I get to know all these other recruits well, I might be naming them in public too, because I don't see the problem with it. The NCAA is just trying to run the show with their silly rules."


It appears that with this move Coach Gump is following in the footsteps of current USC head coach Lane Kiffin. When Kiffin was at Tennessee before the arrival of coach EBDial, he was notorious for doing anything to get the Vols in the spotlight. Now it seems Coach Gump has ripped a page out of the Kiffin playbook and is going to be a one-man soundbite down in Gator Country. Get ready to see lots more news out of Gainesville with Coach Gump at the helm.

1 comments:

ehaag said...

Interestingly enough, Kiffin's favorite quote is "stupid is as stupid does."