Monday, January 31, 2011

OU Commit Backs Off His Pledge


Norman, OK - In another strange story in the world of recruiting, 5-star HB Kyle Ryan has backed out of his firm commitment to the Oklahoma Sooners. Rivals.com reporter Brent Hubbs caught up with "Rough 'n Ragged" Kyle Ryan on his family's ranch to discuss the situation.
BH: Kyle, why the sudden change?
KR: Well, howdy to you too Mr. Hubbs....
BH: Ok, honestly....
KR: Sorry, just being a polite cowboy. See what happened was while I was tending to my horsey and hitting my tackling dummy in the pasture, I thought of something. I was like, "Wait a second, there are teams out there with the nickname 'Cowboys.'" So I should consider them guys. So now I'm looking at Oklahoma State and Wyoming, since they are the Cowboys and all.
BH: Oh, so it's all about the nickname?
KR: Well, sir, it just fits my personality. I treat ladies with respect, call them my darling, and tend my horses all while running circles against those other high school defenses...it's all part of the cowboy way. So I figured I'd invest some time to research these other schools. I hear at Wyoming they may let me be an actual cowboy while I'm still on scholarship....That would be swell as Momma's home-cookin'!
BH: So what about Oklahoma?
KR: Well, they're still in the hunt. I just need some time to think things over. In the meantime, me and my horse Apples (seen above) are going to get ready for my senior season at James Dean High by running wind sprints in the meadow. Dadgum if he always beats me, too! It sure was a'pleasure speakin' to ya Mr. Hubbs, but the dinner bell's a'ringin and I gotta go eat supper. See ya partner!

1 comments:

ehaag said...

HAhahAHAHAHAHAHA!!!