Thursday, May 21, 2009

RUTS Season 5 logo released; Cover Athletes Interviewed

Yesterday, the official RUTS season 5 logo was released to the masses. The logo, which took on a different turn from previous seasons' versions, consists of a white background with beautiful scenic palm trees and paint splatters. Florida head coach StuBucksman called it "lovely" and a "work of art, a true masterpiece."

For the first time ever, the logo highlights four of RUTS most dynamic players, shying away from previous versions that featured only team helmets. Florida RB Jeff Demps, LSU WR Mark Ford, Clemson RB Blake Miller, and Florida State DE Mike Burnette were chosen to be the face of RUTS this season.

After the announcement, RUTS's new sideline reporter/supermodel Marisa Miller sat down with each athlete to get their take on the logo and the upcoming season.

Marisa Miller: Let's start with you Blake. What does it mean to you to be featured on this year's RUTS logo? And why do you wear such a hideous number? What true star wears #38?

Blake Miller: It's a huge honor. This ranks right up there with winning national titles and crushing FSU's hopes and dreams every season. It just goes with the territory of being famous and practically unbeatable. As for me wearing #38, it makes me look slower than I am, so it fools opposing defenses. It's ugly, but it gets the job done.

MM: Mike, how do you feel about Blake making those comments about your Seminoles?

Mike Burnette: Hogwash, I say. We've come up just short for a few years in a row now. Our time is coming when we will not be beaten by Clemson! I predict season 6 will be our year.

MM: Silly Mike, there will be no season 6 of RUTS version 1.0.

MB: Exactly Marisa. Exactly.

MM: Well Mike, what do you think about being the only defensive player on this year's logo?

MB: It's a huge honor. I take pride in terrorizing offensive tackles. They are slow and unathletic. I am the new "freak"...move over Javon Kearse. I'm excited about breaking more records this season, and my goal is 30 sacks. Anything less would be uncivilized.

MM: Lofty goals indeed Mike. Now, Jeff, you wear #28 in RUTS, but the logo shows you wearing #2. What gives? We initially thought the logo was a picture of your teammate, backup RB/fast QB Zach "French" Frye.

Jeff Demps: Well, I've petitioned Coach Stu to switch my number to #2. "French" is a good player, but I think I deserve the single digit number. Coach Stu came in last season and really improved our team's style and put us on par with the LSU's of the world. Gone are the days of ankle socks, un-taped shoes, no helmet visors, and elbow pads. The next step Coach needs to make is to change my jersey number. #28 isn't as nasty as that awful #38 Blake wears, but I need that #2. "Duece Demps" they'll call me.

MM: Excellent points Duece, I mean Jeff. I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Now, moving on to Mark. As a 6'6, 220 lb star WR who runs a 4.16 40-yd dash, how are you going to adjust to having a new QB under center this year? Will Jordan Jefferson be able to get you the ball?

Mark Ford: That remains to be seen Marisa. We're confident that Jordan can lead us to victory. We have so much speed and depth at RB, WR, and TE, we feel that our new spread attack will do just that...ATTACK...the defense from all angles. Coach UTVOL54 is working on getting the ball in my hands at every opportunity. I'm a do it all kind of player.

Demps: Well I think you're a doo-doo kind of player. There I said it.

(Ford kicks the 5'8 Demps in the balls)

Demps: Ouch!

MM: Enough of these shenanigans! Ok, now I want each of you to describe what you're looking forward to most about RUTS Season 5.

BM: All the ways our team can use "5" in our team slogans. And trying to fit a national title ring on my thumb.

MB: I'm looking to jumping on the Gator logo at the 50 yard line in The Swamp before the game in Week 13. It will be glorious to hear the boos.

JD: I triple-dog dare you Mike. I am most excited about three things... A.) getting two-a-days over so I can get back to shopping for jorts with my boo... 2.)winning back-to-back-to-back SEC titles....and C.) having you interview me, Marisa, at the end of the season so I can teach you the proper way to do the Gator Chomp. A free, hands on lesson, if you will.

MF: That's awfully fresh for a RB who doesn't wear a single digit number. I am looking forward to the opportunity for our coach to choke away another national title opportunity at season's end. Seriously!!?? 3 years in a row? I also want to make all As in my classes and finally teach Mama how to hook up this digital TV box. The digital conversion is only like 2 weeks away!

MM: Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to visit with us. Best of luck on your seasons.

0 comments: