Friday, May 29, 2009

New NCAA '10 Video

Ok, the game is really called NCAA 10 (not NCAA '10---with the '), but I refuse to call it NCAA 10 because I think that sounds stupid...the game has been out way more than 10 years. Rant over.

Here is a new EA video, along with a new blog posting. What are yall's thoughts on this "Season Showdown" thing? I guess it's an OK idea, but not sure how much I care about it. Watch the video and I'll offer some thoughts afterwards...



OK, I really hope they don't over-do this whole strategy thing! I mean don't we already use strategy in every game already? I have a feeling that selecting anything other than "Balanced" strategy will lead to some frustration and controllers being slammed to the ground, especially since it will be the cpu controlled players who will be affected by what you choose. I guess it will be risk/reward type of thing. I'm also not keen on the idea of the game showing you what % a play is "set up," thus affecting how effective it will be. We're all football saavy enough to know, but I guess this does help the more casual gamers. I just hope that our defensive players dont act like idiots when someone runs a play that is set up with a high %. The defense needs help in this game...not the offense!

Now, I do like the idea of using the "defensive keys" thing, where you can target "Run Left/Middle/Right" or "Pass"...I think that will come in handy some.

Here is the rest of the EA Blog Post...

Only like 45 more days till the new game comes out.

3 comments:

The Nunley said...

Dudes, Madden 10 will have online co-op! I wonder if NCAA 10 will?

ehaag said...

Madden is also going to have online franchise (ala online dynasty)...could be pretty cool, although I usually dont buy Madden. Would be neat though once the playoffs and NFL draft come around each year.

andrew said...

I agree with what you said Eric. If they over do it and make it easy to do stuff that you setup, then its going to be stupid. We already know that if I run 5 HB dives in a row, then there's a good chance that I may play-action off it. You would call defensive plays to kinda stack the line, but at the same time be protected against play-action. Getting big plays because the CPU players bite on a run you did 3 times in a row is stupid. Maybe you can counter act that by using the defensive key to play the pass. We'll see