Thursday, February 9, 2012

Alabama Coach @zeejaydee resigns, grows hair out, to pursue lifelong dream



In a move that many Alabama Crimson Tide fans saw coming for months, third year Head Coach zeejaydee announced that he will be stepping down from his post as head coach in Tuscaloosa. Many fans had been speculating for months why the head coach had been growing his newly-blonde hair out, but now we know.

After leading the Tide to the season 2 SEC Championship Game, Coach zeejaydee just said that he'd gotten the itch to pursue his true passion - reality TV, steroid-enhanced battle games. And what better outlet than the classic gameshow, American Gladiators?

"This is a dream I've had since at least 1989," Coach zeejaydee said in a written statement to ESPN. "I hope some of my players will decide to join me too. I am definitely not closing the door on returning to coaching at some point, but for now, this is an opportunity I can't pass up....plus my hair has never looked better. I am also excited about my new stage name of Unmeltable Nitro Ice Storm!"

The move puts the Crimson Tide in a major bind just weeks before National Signing Day. Many speculate that the Tide will go after former Oklahoma Head Coach and recent reality TV failure, Coach Gump. Gump was eliminated from Survivor: Detroit in the show's first 10 minutes after losing a do or die rapping battle.

If Alabama is unsuccessful in luring Gump to Tuscaloosa, then many predict hard times will fall on the program unless a surprise candidate steps up to fill the shoes of the many coaching legends that have walked the sidelines of Bryant Denney Stadium.

Coach zeejaydee isn't looking back though, as he said he's focusing 100% of his attention on the tennis ball cannon challenge!

0 comments: